Pool Filter Safety AttorneyAugust 3, 2018
3 Common Medical Errors To Be Aware OfDecember 8, 2018
When you are injured because of the negligence of another person or company, you have the right to seek legal compensation from that party. This right is what personal injury law covers. There is a wide variety of situations that fall under the umbrella law, from dog bites to defective products, but five types, in particular, are the most common. The five most common types of personal injury cases are medical malpractice, product liability, premises liability, auto accidents, and wrongful death claims. By knowing these common types, you’ll be more able to pursue a claim of your own with the help of an injury attorney.
- Medical Malpractice – A medical malpractice claim involves negligence on the part of a doctor or health care professional that leads to the patient being injured. The key to a medical malpractice claim is that the healthcare personnel failed to provide competent and reasonably skilled care. As the standard of medical care is fluid and tends to vary from state to state and even between hospitals, it is very important to have an attorney to fight for your case.
- Product Liability – Under product liability law, the manufacturer or seller of a product can be held responsible for a person getting injured by a defective product. In general, the law upholds that any product should meet the ordinary safety expectations of a consumer. If it has an unprecedented defect or danger, it does not meet those expectations.
- Premises Liability – Premises liability law can be a bit complicated, as it involves sorting out whether the owner or occupier of the premises or the injured party is liable for the injury. it largely depends on if the person seeking the claim was invited onto the property, was permitted to be there, or was trespassing.
- Auto Accidents – Car accidents are the cause of the majority of personal injury cases in the United States. An accident typically occurs when a driver is not following the rules of the road or taking the proper precautions while driving a motorized vehicle. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident because of a careless driver, you can pursue a lawsuit to find that driver financially and legally responsible.
- Wrongful Death Claims – A wrongful death is categorized as a death that occurs because of a negligent or intentional act from another party. This type of lawsuit is then filed on behalf of surviving spouses, children, and other relations determined by the court to be beneficiaries of the deceased’s estate.
Whether you or a loved one have a personal injury case that falls into one of these categories or is not included in the list, the best step to take is to contact an experienced attorney for your case. They will be able to fight on your behalf and get you the compensation you deserve.